Monday, October 25, 2010

P-Model - Karkador LP (Alfa, 1985)

Tracklisting

Side A
Karkador
On the Organ-Yama
Dance Subomp
Cyborg
1778-1985

Side B
Leak
Oar
Hourglass
Piper
Karcador

7th album from this long-running and much revered new-wave group. This one really grew on me after first being disappointed with how normal it seemed next to the zolo oddity of Perspective or the Devo-ish doink of their first two outings. Smart, sophisticated songwriting prevailed, and now I consider this to be one of the high-points in the P-Model discography. Cyborg and Piper are gems among gems...

1 comment:

Nick said...

Nice post. I'm a huge fan of this album. Maybe one of the best produced technopop albums of the mid-80's. I really dig the way everything is done in an electronic context with most of the instrumentation being acoustic. My favorite songs are "Leak" and "Cyborg". Great stuff.