Saturday, March 31, 2012

Dendö Marionette - s/t 7" flexi (QP., 1981)


Legendary (and legendarily expensive) only release from über-cult group Dendö Marionette. I gotta say... this deserves the hype. Frozen・Edge reminds me of Red Exposure-era Chrome + Cabaret Voltaire at their fiercest - a cyber-punk anthem replete with electroid guitar solos and blurred vocals. Conciousness is comparable the sub-zero crawl of house favorite Motionless by Libido, and the incredibly woozy Walts (For Lautréament) starts off like a collaboration between The Gurdjieff and Taiji before settling down in ultra-dark industrial synth-pop territory. Amazing!

This rip was contributed (but not made) by bX-59cppw, who just recently upped the C.Memi + Neo Matisse 7" on his blog, which needs to be heard by everyone who follows Stalking Duppi!

13 comments:

nattliga_toner said...

!!!

bX-59cppw said...

Excellent review! :-)
My english vocabulary is pretty limited,
hence i would never be able to review it in all it's glory as you did...

Just to note in public though, that in contrast with the C.Memi 7" that i have here,
the Dendö Marionette flexi is not my own rip...
but was shared with me from someone very generous and polite.
Not really sure if he would like to see his name mentioned in public though,thereby...

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!!!! excellant i requested this ages ago. Wow you guys deliver - thank you again, truly one of my favorite blogs.
rusnon

G said...

I knew within 0.5 seconds that I was going to love this. You've said it all in your review. Chrome an obvious influence.

Why is it that the last 20 things to make my jaw drop have been Japanese, circa 1980 -1987? And why are so many of them on flexi discs?

soundhead said...

Just awesome

thanks everyone

Anonymous said...

And after listening to it quite alot indeed; its increadible....
thanks again
rus

MORNING said...

a little message in order to thank you for this wonderful blog. lots of gems, here.

and a request, if possible: apparently the Popsong's Factory 7" is not available anymore in the blog where it was originally posted. any chance to see it here at Stalking Duppi?
thanks again and all the best

Anonymous said...

this blog is great, keep posting! My friend just showed me this blog cause he knew I was into japanese underground music - most of this stuff I haven't even HEARD OF! But I'm listening to Dendo Marionette now and just seeing the word "cyberpunk" in your writeup set me off downloading. Really cool, thanks for sharing!

soundhead said...

if you haven't already...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=APAA4BM6

soundhead said...

"He Was" flexi on Kageroh Record

anyone have it?

Anonymous said...

wow,intersting blog,i'll try your records,thanks for your work.friend from patagonia

Thomas Kyhn said...

Hi!
I second the Popsong's Factory 7" request.
+ Thanks for a great blog!

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!!